Unlocking Your Potential
Every one of us has the possibility of endless potential in life. There’s no set limit or amount given to each person. No rule that says you can only do this, but you must fail at another thing. Potential at its core is just the ability to accomplish what you put your mind to. Essentially, if you believe and you put in the work you can accomplish it. Belief in yourself, hard work, effort, and balance can unlock your potential and allow you to be successful in your chosen goals.
The first step to unlocking your potential is to form your foundation or the building blocks to your success if you will. For example, a psychologist by the name of Abraham Maslow published a paper on what he called a Hierarchy of Needs. This is set up much like building a foundation that will lead you to your full potential.
- The first block of this pyramid is the Physiological. This has to do with making sure your physical needs are met such as; restful sleep and feeding yourself. If your body is unhealthy or neglected you cannot expect to achieve a higher level of potential.
- The second block would be Safety. This would be such things as employment, resources, family, and home. The things that help build a life with security.
- The third would be Love and belonging. This is about having people in your life that you can have healthy and nontoxic relationships with. A partner, a sibling, or even just a friend. Humans need healthy companionship to thrive.
- Next up would be Esteem. Yes, that would be self-acceptance, self-esteem, and having the ability to gain respect and give respect. Confidence and sense of achievement. This step is extremely important because if you don’t believe in yourself then you cannot live up to your full potential.
- Last but definitely not least we have Self-actualization. It’s the creativity, the drive, and the acceptance of who you are and your abilities. This would lay a great foundation for unlocking your potential.
There are more methods. You can change your mindset, never settle into a mindset that locks you in place and always reach for more growth. Allow yourself to keep achieving instead of stalling. Basically, never settle. Instead of focusing on not liking where you are currently, focus on your goals and on creating the potential to succeed in them. Another would be that when you have big dreams understand that all things begin with the first step. So, while your dream may be huge, getting there could be a series of many baby steps. Don’t be discouraged because with every step taken more potential is unlocked and one day your dream will be realized.
Two incredibly important parts of unlocking your potential are accepting failure and giving yourself a break. Unfortunately, failure is a part of everything we do, and allowing yourself to accept that you failed and trying again will be integral to success. We cannot always get it right, sometimes we have to fall first. Have compassion for yourself and don’t look at the failure as a fault but more as a small obstacle that you have the ability to overcome. Allowing yourself to have a break. Humans cannot keep working and going with recharging. Understand your own needs and meet them so that you can continue to save for your full potential.
Unlocking your potential is all about taking those steps that allow you to accomplish the goals you have chosen for your own life. These goals can be anything: your career, your relationships, or even your ability to create. The potential is what you can achieve and only can decide how much potential you have to unlock.
Sign up for Alena's newsletter!
Receive Alena's Soul Wisdom, tips, and techniques to help you on your spiritual journey and stay connected to the MAGIC of life!